Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapies are available to inpatients of the Linn Health Care Center for both short term rehab patients and long term care residents.
- LSVT BIG® and LSVT LOUD® for Parkinson’s Program
- Joint Replacement, Shoulder, and Hand Rehabilitation
- Cardiac and Stroke Rehabilitation
- Life Skills and Cognitive Retraining
- Home Safety Evaluations
- Falls Prevention
- Wheelchair Positioning Assessments
- Management for Independent Mobility
- Strategies to Manage Cognitive Decline
- Deconditioning After Illness or Surgery
- Chronic Pain Management
- Personalized Home Exercise Programs
Work is on gross motor skills such as standing, walking with and without a walker and on various surfaces, managing stairs, and transfers in and out of cars.
Focus is on fine motor skills such as zippering, buttoning, bathing, dressing, toileting, meal preparation, grooming self-feeding, and cognition skills such as balancing a checkbook.
Work is on communication and cognition, including modifying diets for safe swallowing, and positioning for maximum safety with meals consumption.
For more information on physical, occupational, and speech therapy, please contact the Rehab Director.
Ways to Give
Read the Stories of the folks who live, work, and volunteer at the United Methodist Elder Care properties. We are an interesting group!
Sign up to receive new blog post notifications by email
News for general information about UMEC and its properties, including press releases, announcements, and official staff or management/employment or appointment changes.